Got Questions? Explore Our Landlord Help Section for Expert Advice
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so the saying goes. Real Property Management Chicago Edge can help you steer clear of common mistakes that come property management. Our landlord help section is designed to help owners find answers to frequently asked questions and provides additional suggestions. You can also login to a personalized portal to view details and documents regarding your own particular rental properties. Learn why Real Property Management Chicago Edge is the leading property management company in the industry.
What are common landlord mistakes to avoid?
- Extended vacancies and leasing delays halt cash flow. Encourage fast leasing with these tips.
- Poor rental property selection. Location often determines easy management.
- The Property isn’t “rent ready.” Try our free, 16-step rent ready checklist.
- Failing to properly screen tenants. Here’s how to find great, qualified tenants.
- Negative tenant communication. Tricks for dealing with difficult tenants.
- High renter turnover. Keeping tenants isn’t easy, but worth it.
- Poor rent collection process. Avoid losing money by being a good landlord.
- Expensive regulatory violations. Study up on potential legal pitfalls.
- Putting off inspections. Proactive attention goes a long way.
- Overlooked or ineffective maintenance. Expect for the best, plan for the worst.
- Managing yourself to save money. Learn how self-managing can cost more.
- Problems with cash flow. Increase consistency with good choices.
- Not choosing the right property management. Learn how to shop around.
Crucial reminders for landlords:
- New investors sometimes forget the complexities and risks of managing properties and finding tenants.
- Property management is a journey. Your units will attract great tenants if you take the time to properly manage your properties.
- Self-management requires a learning curve and often can cost more in longer vacancies and expensive mistakes.
- Many investors find the simplest and most profitable approach is a professional property manager.
Think About Using an Experienced Team and Proven Process for Better Results
Not all rental property management companies are the same. Your investment property is a valuable asset you don’t want to trust to just anyone. Real Property Management Chicago Edge has the professional managers who are equipped to help you avoid headaches and improve your landlord experience. Stay updated about your property through our 24/7 accessible online owners portal. You can view financial statements, payment history, and so much more.
Learn how Specialized Property Management can maximize your investment today!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.