EVANSTON PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COST-EFFECTIVE MAINTENANCE STRATEGIES
While maintenance on a rental property is inevitable, the cost of repairs does not need to drain your wallet. A property that is well maintained can save landlords money, especially with the help of professional property management. Evanston homeowners can follow a few basic guidelines to keep overall maintenance costs down.
5 STEPS TO MAINTAINING YOUR RENTAL
- First, utilize your vacancy time. When you are in-between tenants, take care of any safety or health issues. As a landlord, you are required to meet basic habitability standards and codes. If not followed, potential legal fees or lawsuits definitely outweigh the costs of fixing that needed repair in the first place.
- Second, set aside funds for maintenance costs. Every rental property needs repairs from time to time. A maintenance fund should simply be part of your budget. Not only routine maintenance but possible emergency fixes and any make-ready costs.
- Third, be proactive. Catch problems before they escalate. Conduct seasonal maintenance and perform regular property inspections inside and out. Any repair neglected for too long will end up costing more in the long run. Small problems left unfixed turn into large money-sucking repairs.
- Fourth, be quick to respond to maintenance requests. Utilizing a professional Evanston property management team is particularly useful when those weekend or holiday tenant emergencies come up. A prompt response reduces your legal risk and liability as well.
- Fifth, rely upon the knowledge and expertise of property management. Evanston landlords can receive discounts on services, appliances, and materials. Receive preferred pricing when partnering with Real Property Management Chicago Edge.
TRUST AN EVANSTON PROPERTY MANAGEMENT TEAM
Real Property Management Chicago Edge can help you save money on maintaining your rental home. We have a proven system allowing us to streamline the maintenance process. We ensure quality care of your rental property and are committed to making your investment property profitable. Contact us today to learn about our comprehensive list of services. Put our team to work for you.