HOW EVANSTON PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANIES AVOID LEGAL PITFALLS
Renting a home carries certain legal risks. As a landlord, you must follow various codes and regulations to avoid costly mistakes. The property management Evanston team at Real Property Management Chicago Edge understands those potential legal consequences and can help protect you and your investment.
WHAT RULES TO FOLLOW
- When choosing tenants, you cannot discriminate during the selection process. The Americans with Disabilities Act and The Fair Housing Act prevent owners from making decisions based upon characteristics such as race, nationality, handicaps, and religion. A fair and open tenant screening is always necessary.
- Landlords must upkeep their rental property and maintain safe living conditions for their tenants. Habitability Laws require homeowners to make sure amenities such as heating, cooling, plumbing, and electricity all function properly.
- Evanston property management companies must be available 24/7 to respond to tenant emergencies. Maintenance repairs come at all hours of the day and night. To avoid liability issues, it is essential that a landlord responds promptly to needed repairs.
- The professionals at Real Property Management Chicago Edge safeguard all tenant information according to federal, state, and local laws. Personal data must remain private, and even security deposits need proper handling. All tenant interactions need to be accurately documented. We have a proven management system that follows the law, and in turn, reduces your legal risks as a homeowner.
- Correct licenses are also an important aspect of property management. Evanston homeowners must not conduct certain real estate business duties if they are not licensed. Furthermore, when home repairs are needed, maintenance workers should be licensed and insured.
LEAVE THE LEGAL LIABILITIES TO THE PROFESSIONALS
Costly mistakes can drain your rental home profits. Lawyer and court fees can easily wipe out any earnings. Put our experienced team to work for you. We know what is required to safeguard your investment. Among Evanston property management companies, we provide what you need to make the most of your rental home while keeping you legally safe. Call Real Property Management Chicago Edge today.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.